Tampa Bay, FL DUI Defense Attorneys
If You Have Been Arrested and Charged With a DUI/BUI Call (727) 824-5727
DUI / BUI Defense – Practice Jurisdictions
DUI or BUI Defense Lawyers in Tampa, Brandon, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota, Manatee or in Pasco County, Florida.
Multiple jurisdictions, decades of proven results.
The best DUI or BUI defense attorney will strive to get your charges dropped or your sentence and penalties reduced. Joe Uccello and Kelly McCabe have years of experience in DUI defense. DUI laws in Florida are tough and you have a limited time frame to fight your DUI charges.
Call 727-824-5727 or use our online form to obtain information or a consultation today, so we can promptly prepare your DUI defense.
Understanding Your Rights – Contact Tampa Bay’s DUI Defense Lawyers Kelly McCabe and Joe Uccello
It’s important to contact us promptly once you’ve been charged with a DUI so we can begin to collect the evidence that could contribute to your freedom. Nothing is foolproof and many times this holds true with the DUI tests and the manner in which your DUI tests were conducted. We want to know if you were stopped without cause, if your BAL tests are in order and if the Breathalyzer was properly calibrated.
Joe Uccello and Kelly Ann McCabe – Experienced Tampa Bay DUI defense attorneys – St. Petersburg, Tampa/Brandon, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel and Sarasota Bradenton, Florida. If you have been charged with a DUI in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco or Manatee County, Florida call for a consultation with a DUI Lawyer today. We will answer your questions and offer realistic strategies and outcomes. Remember, DUI and BUI Penalties in Florida are rigid. Even a first offense DUI in Tampa Bay can have serious consequences and there are many factors that can determine the outcome of your case.
If you are charged with a DUI in Florida, Penalties for DUIs can be Life Altering and Costly
- Fines – First conviction DUI’s come with fines of up to $1,000.
- Additional Fines Blood Alcohol Level: (BAL) of .15 or higher fines to $2000
- Additional Fines Minors – If you had a minor in the car at the time of your arrest, fines to $2000
- Subsequent DUI Convictions – Fines up to $2,000, $4,000 if your BAL was .15 or higher or if there was a minor present.
- Community service – If you are convicted in Tampa Bay, Florida, State Law requires you to perform a minimum of 50 hours of community service. Depending on your case and your Judge, you may be able to “buy out” the community service hours at a rate of $10 per hour (Minimum buy out $500)
- DUI Probation – If this is your first DUI conviction you may get sentenced up to one year of probation.
- Vehicle Impoundment – When you are convicted of a DUI in Hillsborough County, Pinellas, Pasco or Manatee, you can expect the State to impound your vehicle. The impoundment periods are as follows: 10 days for the first conviction; 30 days for the second; and 90 days for the third. As your defense attorney’s we may be able to get this waived if we can prove that your family needs the vehicle.
- Jail Time – If you’re convicted of a DUI in Tampa Bay, you may do jail time. The length of incarceration will depend on the specifics of your case. This is why you need to speak to a DUI lawyer promptly. Jail time begins with up to six months for a first-time DUI conviction if your BAL was less than 0.15. Three or four DUI convictions within a period of 10 years will most likely be charged with a felony which can mean up to five years in prison.
- Florida Driver’s license suspension – If you’re convicted of a DUI, you may also have your driving privileges suspended.
Consult with a Tampa Bay DUI Lawyer to Discuss Your Case
Don’t procrastinate if you have been arrested and charged with a DUI. Contact Joseph Uccello or Kelly McCabe today at 727-824-5727. What you do in the first few days can determine the outcome of your case. The sooner you consult with a DUI CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY who can represent you in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Pasco County or Sarasota Bradenton, the better it is for your criminal DUI case.