Violent Crimes Defense Attorney Representing Clients in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee County FL
Kelly McCabe & Joseph Uccello are Tampa Bay Violent Crime Defense Attorneys which include attempted murder, murder and felony murder. We represent clients who have been charged with all types of violent crimes in multiple jurisdictions in Tampa Bay, Florida.
Attempted Murder Defense Tampa St Petersburg
If you need to hire an attempted murder defense attorney in Tampa, St. Petersburg or surrounding Tampa Bay area jurisdictions call 727-824-5828 or contact us below using our online form.
The very first step you should take if you’ve been arrested or charged with murder is to schedule a consultation with a Tampa Bay Criminal Defense Attorney. If convicted of murder or attempted murder in Florida please know that these charges come with life changing penalties that will seriously effect you and your loved ones.
Why hire Us to Defend You Against a Murder Charge? We have the skill and the experience to provide you with the best defense possible. We also have “heart” and dogged determination. We understand that just because you were charged with a crime it doesn’t make you guilty. We also understand that people can make mistakes in their lives. We’re here to help you irregardless of whether you are guilty or not guilty.
Florida Attempted Murder and Murder Charges & Sentencing Options
In Florida, there are really only two sentencing options if you are convicted of of a felony murder. One is life in prison and the other is the death penalty. Here are some definitions of murder and attempted first-degree murder;
Attempted First Degree Murder in Florida
- Attempted First Degree Murder can be defined as when the defendant tries but is unsuccessful in the unlawful killing of another person. (Note the word “unlawful”)
- Second Degree Murder – A person commits a felony where a victim died, but where that felony was not the direct factor in the death of a victim.
The unlawful killing of a human being:
- To be convicted of first degree attempted murder in Florida, an individual must not only have the intent to kill another person but they must have acted on committing the murder. In a first degree murder charge premeditation must have also been a factor. This means the person must have planned out the murder.
- To be convicted of second degree murder the requirements are similar without the factor of premeditation. In other words, you didn’t have to plan out the killing to be charged and convicted of the killing. Sentencing can be up to 15 years in prison.
- There are other types of murder charges that can be brought against you in Florida. If you were involved in a crime or felony that resulted in the death of another, you can be charged with felony murder or murder in the second degree.
Tampa Bay Murder Defense Attorney Consultation
If you a family member or friend has been charged with an attempted murder charge we know you are likely overwhelmed with shock, fear and grief. It is crucial however to be strong and take the first steps in yours or your loved one’s defense. The sooner you can set up a consultation with a Tampa Bay Murder Defense Attorney the better off you will be.
Kelly McCabe and Joe Uccello have been proven effective in representing their clients who have been charged with violent crimes including homicide and attempted murder. It is our goal is to provide you with the best defense against murder charges and make sure you get a fair trial under Florida Laws and Statutes.
Whether it’s poking holes in the State’s case against you or proving to a jury that witness statements were flawed or proving that your rights were violated in any way, we are equipped and determined to fight for your rights and provide the best criminal defense against your murder charges.
[contact-form-7 id=”1085″ title=”Contact form 1″]